PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2.92 MB | 18 pages
Ratios and Rates, This common core aligned Math Mystery (Grade 6) “Case of The Rogue Runner” will engage your students to practice and review ratios and rates in a fun way. In this math mystery students must solve a variety of ratio and rate math questions to reveal clues which help them discover the identity of the Rogue Runner!
All you need to do is print, copy and go, no fiddly prepping required.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story “Case of The Rogue Runner”
- Possible Suspect List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1: Writing ratios to describe objects in a picture
- Clue 2: Unit Rates
- Clue 3: Reducing Ratios
- Clue 4: Unit Prices (with fractions and decimals). I have provided a customary unit and metric unit version for this clue.
- Clue 5: Equivalent Ratios
- A suspect declaration sheet
- Answer sheets, plus a color coded guide to the elimination process
- Printable awards