Ratios and Rates, This common core aligned Math Mystery (Grade 6) “Case of The Rogue Runner” will engage your students to practice and review ratios and rates in a fun way. In this math mystery students must solve a variety of ratio and rate math questions to reveal clues which help them discover the identity of the Rogue Runner!
NEW* Editable suspects list added to the packet. Two pre-made alternative lists also included.
All you need to do is print, copy and go, no fiddly prepping required.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story “Case of The Rogue Runner”
- Possible Suspect List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1: Writing ratios to describe objects in a picture
- Clue 2: Unit Rates
- Clue 3: Reducing Ratios
- Clue 4: Unit Prices (with fractions and decimals). I have provided a customary unit and metric unit version for this clue.
- Clue 5: Equivalent Ratios
- A suspect declaration sheet
- Answer sheets, plus a color coded guide to the elimination process
- Printable awards
FIND MORE GRADE 6 MATH MYSTERIES HERE
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow for updates on new math mysteries added and more!
You may also be interested in:
Halloween Math Mystery: Case of The Tricking Treat (GRADE 6)
Fall Math Mystery: Case of The Furious Fall Winds (GRADE 6)
Fractions Math Mystery: Case of The Forgetful Pharaoh (GRADE 6)
Decimals Math Mystery - Case of the Disappearing Donuts (GRADE 6)
Algebra Math Mystery: Case of The Alien Apocalypse (GRADE 6)
Thanksgiving Math Mystery: Case of The Gobbler's Curse - GRADE 6
Back to School Math: Case of The School Invaders_GRADE 6
End of Year Math Mystery: Case of The Graduation Gremlins GRADE 6
Geometry Math Mystery: Case of The Giant Goblin (GRADE 6)
Christmas Math Mystery: Case of The Zombie Elves (GRADE 6)
Winter Math Mystery: Case of The Snowman Army (GRADE 6)
Christmas Math Mystery: Case of The Selfish Elf (GRADE 6)