Ratios with Mondrian
is a set of four activities for students to explore ratio using student-created Mondrian-Inspired designs. A great addition to your 6th grade study of ratios.
Students are introduced to the artwork of Piet Mondrian and then create their own Mondrian style artwork which they use as the basis for exploring ratio. Students use their artwork to calculate the ratio of different colors to each other. Students work on a small scale with their own artwork and then apply their knowledge of ratio to a large class art piece.
This set of activities is available at a savings as part of a longer-term project on scale, ratio, area and perimeter with Mondrian.
a $$ savings Ratio Teacher Resource Bundle
This detailed guide includes:
- Complete teacher’s guide for 5 45 minute lessons
- 8 pages of ready-to-use Student Handouts
- A complete list of materials
- A presentation on the work of Piet Mondrian and accompanying informational text
Skills Developed in this lesson:
- Students will understand the concept of a ratio and use ratio language to describe the ratio relationship between two quantities (CCSS.MATH.RP.A)
- Students will recognize and represent rational relationships between quantities (CCSS.MATH.RP.A.)
Ratio Resources Include:
- Ratio Fall Practice and Review
- Ratio of Shapes: Matching Practice and Review
- Ratio Scavenger Hunt Word Problems
- Ratio with Mondrian
- Ratios Word Problem Practice and Review
- Fibonacci Spirals: Ratio and Scale
- Ratio Word Problems: Notes
NOTE: This product was updated 2/4/16
more with the 6th Grade Math Growing Teacher Resource Bundle
which includes all notes, practice, activities, and projects related to 6th grade math in the store.
This purchase is for one teacher
only. This resource is not permitted to be shared with colleagues or by an entire subject or grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.