Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Engage or assess students' understanding of Ratios through the artwork of Piet Mondrian. In this set of five activities students discover Piet Mondrian's work, create Mondrian-Inspired designs and analyze the ratio and area of individual and class designs.. A great addition to your 6th grade study of ratios.
This detailed guide includes:
- Complete teacher’s guide for 5 45 minute lessons
- Ready-to-use student Handouts
- A complete list of materials
- A presentation on the work of Piet Mondrian and accompanying informational text
- Editable Rubric
Skills Developed in this lesson:
- Students will understand the concept of a ratio and use ratio language to describe the ratio relationship between two quantities (CCSS.MATH.RP.A)
- Students will recognize and represent rational relationships between quantities (CCSS.MATH.RP.A.)
Related bundles include:
Ratio Resources Include:
- Ratio Word Problems: Notes (JUST ADDED)
NOTE: This product was updated 2/4/18
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not permitted to be shared with colleagues or by an entire subject or grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog. Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.