Finish your teaching of Ray Bradbury's science fiction classic "There Will Come Soft Rains" with this product of FIVE resources guaranteed to get students thinking about the short story long after they've finished reading.
The activities in this resource combine creative, critical thinking with inferencing and close reading skills to provide an excellent conclusion to the story itself. This is a fun sampling of activities that could be used during a mini-lesson, as an add-on to a unit about Bradbury himself, or as an emergency substitute lesson.
Simply print and go to give your students highly-engaging, thoughtful practice with:
- stylizing information similar to the short story
- planning gadgets in their future "smart home"
- creative writing in response to open-ended literary questions
- determining figurative language in the story
- using text evidence and inferences interchangeably