A Ray Bradbury Trilogy: All Summer in a Day, A Sound of Thunder, and The Pedestrian Short Story Bundles
This is a trifecta of Ray Bradbury classics. I have gathered a very comprehensive bundle of instructional resources and activities related to three Ray Bradbury classic short stories, All Summer in a Day, A Sound of Thunder, and The Pedestrian. These lessons focus on cooperative learning and are aligned to United States Common Core Curriculum Standards. I think your students will enjoy this bundle which includes.
1) Comprehensive, Lesson Plans,” aligned to Common Core Standards for two of the Short stories:
2) Scavenger hunts for information for each of two short stories: These are 30 question active reading scavenger hunts where students actively hunt for information in the story and analyze it in depth while they read. They must provide textual evidence to support their answers. These scavenger hunts are meant to enhance enjoyment and check for understanding. They are always a hit with my high school kids. Answer sheets are included.
3) A comprehensive Question and Quote Activity for the other short story, "A Sound of Thunder." Answer sheet is included.
4) Comprehensive crossword puzzle related to characters, events, and vocabulary, in each of the two short stories. Answer puzzles are included.
5) Word Detective/Word Attack vocabulary activities for each of these three classic works. Answer sheets are included.
In these activities, students act as vocabulary detectives using their word attack skills to determine the meaning of new words in context, using actual dialogues and narration from the story. They are also asked to provide synonyms and identify parts of speech. There are also questions related to figurative language and word variation. Answer sheets are again included.
6) Figurative Language Worksheets (Tests) for all three of the short stories.
These are worksheet containings the different types of figurative language found in the story I have also included an answer sheet. It can be used as a worksheet or a test– Answer sheet is included.
7) An Entertaining and interactive Dinosaur Trivia Quiz and Power Point for A Sound of Thunder.
I don't think that you will find a more comprehensive bundle for any of the three stories.