Ray Bradbury’s “A Sound of Thunder” presented by Ultimate Units will help you "work smarter instead of harder." This twenty year tested, three to four day unit provides an excellent starting point for a school year or unit, giving students a catalyst for thinking forward, setting new and impactful goals, as well as a vehicle for considering how their unique pasts have influenced them to be who and how they are. It can be used to reveal how the decisions of their present may influence their future.
It may also serve as an excellent introduction to heritage projects that investigate familial influence and personal histories. It may be used to introduce a science-fiction unit or historical readings about prehistoric life on Earth or scientific possibility.
The “ULTIMATE Thunder” Unit includes:
• Pre and Post Reading Journal Questions
• Vocabulary Exercises, Pre and Post Tests/Quizzes, Keys
• Reading Comprehension Quizzes and Keys
• Associated Story Images and a Guide to Connected Videos
• Notes to the teacher for pre-teaching and post-reading
• A Common Core Aligned Lesson Plan
As with all other Ultimate Units, supplemental material, links, connections, choices of activities, keys, and applications are included as a way of ensuring engagement of students.