If your students have access to myNGConnect, they have access to a lot of wonderful resources! This is a little "treasure hunt" to get them exploring their online resource. You will want each student to have their name and password handy before they start. If you have already taught your students how to navigate the myNGConnect website, they can work independently. If your students are doing the treasure hunt the first time they are logging on, I would recommend they work with a partner. In my experience, students have surprised me with how quickly they can learn to navigate online!
Treasure Hunt items:
- Find the Read On Your Own Book "Get Home"
- Name one animal found on page 28 of your student book
- Play a Phonics Game
- Draw a picture of the button you would click to go "home"
- Play a Vocabulary Game
- Go into your student book. Highlight a word.
- Use the digital library to find a picture of a penguin. How many penguins did you find?
- Find the Sing With Me Phonics Song "A Little Pit" and listen to it!
CHALLENGE: Go into your student book and open the "glossary". What is the first word listed under the letter "M"? Write it here:
Penguin Chick Noreen https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Penguin-Chick-Noreen