My students love this project each year! It really helps them wrap up all we’ve been studying for Unit 6: “What’s Wild About Weather?”.
1. Students select the type of weather they’d like to research, write
about, and create an artwork of.
2. Students use the provided template to research, and gather
information on their weather.
3. Students use the provided template to organize and compose a
rough draft of their writing.
4. Students use the provided publishing paper to make a final copy of
5. Students use the provided template and other outside materials you
provide, such as cotton balls, paint, glue, brown paper, and glitter to
make an artwork of their wild weather.
6. Students publish their artwork and writing together, on a large sheet
of yellow construction paper and hang it in the hallway to share with
the school and parents!
Examples of the craft are included to help guide your students in their artwork if you would like!