Guided practice, independent practice, cooperative learning, guided inquiry (pogils) are the key strategies used in the activities. All activities include detail keys. Activities are designed to provide the maximum opportunities for students to receive feedback and LOTS of Problems.
- Stoichiometry Map and Mole Map
- Is Like What? (guided inquiry)
- Practice One (guided practice)
- Practice Two (independent practice)
- Rally Coach (cooperative learning, guided practice)
- Limiting Reactants: Recipe, Toolkit, and Molecule Pogil Like (guided inquiry)
- Practice Limiting Reactant, Percent Yield, and Amount of Excess Unreacted (guided practice)
- Percent Yield, Limiting and Excess Problems (independent practice)
- With a Story- Poster and Gallery Walk (cooperative learning) and homework for (independent practice)
- Review with Limiting Reagent and % Yield (independent practice)
Objective: The students will:
perform stoichiometric calculations, including determination of mass relationships between reactants and products, calculation of limiting reagents, percent yield, and, the amount of excess reagent
-Empirical and molecular formulas are included in Calculating Formulas Collection of Activities.
- Gas stoichiometry will be included in a Gas Laws Collection of Activities
- Solution stoichiometry will be included in Solutions Concentrations Collection of Activities.