This pack was created as an additional resource for students to learn about famous African Americans. With this pack, students will read and research about a famous figure, answer questions, and write a short biography.
This pack includes information about:
• Ruby Bridges- pages 5-10
• Frederick Douglass- pages 11-16
• Rosa Parks- pages 17-22
• Jackie Robinson- pages 23-28
• Harriet Tubman- pages 29-34
• Booker T. Washington- pages 35-40
For each famous figure there is:
• A mini book for students to read and use for research
• Three comprehension questions about the mini book
• Answer key for the questions
• Graphic organizer about the figure’s life
• A list of suggested resources for additional research
• Paper for students to write a final draft.
To make sure the content is easily accessible for students the mini books have been leveled. Please note that these levels are approximations.
• Booker T. Washington- 810 L (3rd grade)
• Frederick Douglass- 830L (4th grade)
• Harriet Tubman- 860 L (4th grade)
• Jackie Robinson- 850 L (4th grade)
• Rosa Parks- 820 L (3rd grade)
• Ruby Bridges- 890 L (5th grade)
Please note that this pack is an abbreviated version of my Informational-Writing-Unit-Focusing-On-Famous-African-Americans
. That product includes 23 days of explicit writing lesson and over 130 pages of other materials.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License