This Read & Sequence is a GREAT way to have students practice reading short stories, learning new vocabulary, sequencing and retelling!
There are 20 short stories included in this product, as well as instructions which guide the teacher on how to use this product in the classroom.
Parts of the Read & Sequence Product:
1. Tracker: This is where students track the number of times they practiced reading the story. They color a star each time they practice to develop fluency.
2. Simple Short Story: These stories each have a title, and five lines of simple text containing words ranging from 1 syllable to 4 syllables.
3. Vocabulary Key: In each story there are four vocabulary key words with a matching photograph. These words are underlined throughout the story to help remind the student as they are reading to reference the vocabulary word box. Another great way to have students actively practice the vocabulary in their story is to have them highlight each word with a certain color and then find the word in the story and mark it with the coordinating color.
4. Retelling Guides: These boxes prompt students with the vocabulary and order to retell the story. This is where the student will glue the photographs in the correct order.
5. Photographs: These are matching photographs from the story. The student needs to cut these out individually and glue them to the retelling guides in the correct order. When completed students often color the photos as a reward.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
© 2018 Spanglish Señorita Products: This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.
Keywords: Spanish, Dual Immersion, Spanish Immersion, Reading, Lectura, Read & Sequence, Lectura y Secuencia, Immersión, Español, Vocabulary, Vocabulario