These fun activities will really beef up your unit if you're teaching numbers to 1000. Your students will be so engaged when you let them play games and have fun while cementing their understanding of these concepts.
Kids will enjoy:
- a board game style activity
- a scoot activity
- a card game in the style of the classic "War" game
- creating foldables and flipbooks
- a dice game
- a spinner activity
Meanwhile, they'll be practicing several important skills including:
- mentally figuring out what is 10 more or less than a number
- mentally figuring out what is 100 more or less than a number
- different ways to write numbers such as expanded form, hundreds, tens, and ones, standard form, word form
- comparing numbers
- determining the value of a digit
Also included are posters that give examples of different forms of numbers.
You might also like:
Number of the Day - Many for all seasons!
What Time is It? Games, Activities and More to Practice Telling Time
Show Me the Money! Money Games and More!
Addition and Subtraction (with regrouping) Fun!
Place Value Activities
Key Words for Story Problems
For all of these amazing products bundled for a deal check this out:
Mrs. York's Second Grade Math Bundle