Read and match domino game with Christmas words
A classic dominoes with an educational twist! Rather than dots, these dominoes have words, allow your students to match short the new words they are learning in this wonderful domino game! This game is played like traditional dominoes with one player laying down a domino that "matches" or has the same spelling pattern as one already down. This is continued until all of the dominoes are down, but we have added a “starter” shape. In traditional dominoes you start with one tile piece and two sides can be matched up. Our little ones would get very distraught if they couldn’t match up a shape and had to pull pieces from the pile so I came up with this beginning piece so there are four pieces to match up instead of two cutting the anguish down…LOL! I recommend printing the dominoes on cardstock or colored paper, laminating, and storing in Ziplocs for repeated use. Great for teacher stations, centers, group reading practice, and just overall a fun way to practice reading new words.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
This domino game contains the following words:
Instructions for domino game
• Game pack designed for group play (4-6 players)
• Cut out all the dominoes and place in a stack. There are 48 cards total with star cards. Each player is dealt 6-12 cards.
3 players=16 cards, 4 players=12 cards, 6 players=8 cards, 8 players=6 cards
• Remaining cards are placed upside down and starter shape is placed to start the domino game
• Decide on order of players (birthdays, height, youngest, etc…)
• Player 1 starts by matching the domino with one of his/her domino cards.
• Players take turns adding to the domino shape.
• If the player does not have a match then he/she takes a domino from the top of the face down stack until a matching domino is picked up (if any available.) The star card can be used in place of any word and the player decides what the next word should be (optional cards for the game).
• If all the dominoes have been used up then the player just loses a turn.
• First player to use up all their dominoes is the winner.
• If unable to continue play, the player with the least amount of cards is the winner. Shaded cards are worth 2 when counting up the cards.