Also included in
- Save $8.00 by combining these three complementary products:Read 'em and Weave: The AP English Language Synthesis Question ($12) Argumentation & Persuasion: A Unit for Common Core and AP English Language ($25) Ramen Noodle Summarizing and Cow Cud Paraphrasing ($6)All materials is provided in both$35.00$43.00Save $8.00
- Get $10 off this 332-page resource! This bundle offers the six basic instructional resources needed to build an AP English Language & Composition (AP Language or AP Lang) course. Lesson plans are detailed and specific and ready to teach. All six are included in Angie's large AP English Language$65.00$75.00Save $10.00
- This digital-friendly bundle combines my AP LANG BASICS BUNDLE with my AP LANGUAGE MULTIPLE CHOICE SUPER BUNDLE to form an exam-specific collection of resources for the Advanced Placement English Language & Composition course.Included are detailed units for the three free-response questions, a c$120.00$140.00Save $20.00
- ◈◈◈ALIGNED WITH 2019 CED AND CHANGES TO THE EXAM◈◈◈This ever-growing AP English Language & Composition bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 1077 pages of AP Language and Composition resources (all 50 of my AP products!). Pric$232.50$266.50Save $34.00
- ◈◈◈Aligned with the 2019 Course and Exam Description and changes to the exam!◈◈◈This AP English Language & Composition bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 963 pages of AP Language and Composition resources (40 of my AP produ$196.50$226.50Save $30.00
This 44-page PDF is also provided in Google Slides for distance learning. It slows down and stretches the process a student must use to be successful on the AP English Language & Composition (AP Lang, AP Language) synthesis question (or synthesis essay). What he or she will do in May within a 55-minute time frame has been stretched to ten lesson plans here, each of which will take 60 to 90 minutes to facilitate.
Recent Review: "I started using this resource 2 days before we were quarantined. Moving it online was a seamless transition. Thank you so much!!" Christy
Each lesson plan includes materials needed, essential question, "I can" statement, activator, teacher input, student active participation, and summary. All materials are provided on Google Slides, and student exercises include editable text boxes.
This resource has been updated to reflect 2019 changes to the scoring rubric. Each lesson plan includes the AP skills listed in the new Course and Exam Description.
Directions for Google Slides
Lesson 1: Defining Synthesis (Handouts A through J)
Lesson 2: Breaking Down the Prompt (Handout K)
Lesson 3: Conversing with Sources (Handouts L through N)
Lesson 4: Image Analysis (Handout O)
Lesson 5: Political Cartoon Analysis (Handout P)
Lesson 6: Embedding Source Material (Handouts Q and R)
Lesson 7: Timed Practice #1 (Handouts S and T)
Lesson 8: Synthesis Prompt Project (Handouts U through W)
Lesson 9: Timed Practice #2
Formatted Lined Paper
Lesson 10: Thinking Like a Reader (Handouts X and Y)
This unit is designed on the premise that students have already learned how to construct an argument. Here, students learn to deal with the synthesis prompt and incorporate information from sources. Some elements of argument are addressed; however, this resource will not equip a teacher to start from scratch.
Want a couple of free graphic organizers to test drive? Shoot Angie an email! firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need a resource for teaching argumentation and persuasion, take a look at Argumentation & Persuasion: A Unit for Common Core and AP English Language. For help teaching students how to summarize and paraphrase, check out Ramen Noodle Summarizing and Cow Cud Paraphrasing. The three products are BUNDLED TOGETHER HERE at a significant discount.
This unit is included in an AP English Language & Composition Product BUNDLE which offers all of Angie’s AP products at a $20 discount.
Don't need it all? You might be interested in these smaller bundles:
Tone BUNDLE ($8.50)
Are you a high school English teacher? Come join the Facebook group High School English with Angie Kratzer.
Earn TPT Credits
Every time you make a purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers and leave feedback, you earn credit toward a future purchase. How does it work? After logging in, go to My Purchases and find the Provide Feedback button beside each product. Leave a fair rating and a comment about the resource, and you're done!
Come collaborate with me!