Get ready to read with, Read the Room: SHAPES! Differentiated for Early Learners! I hope your students enjoy this activity as much as my own have! 'Reading the room' is a wonderful tool to help get children motivated to read and write...and with this pack, even preschoolers and non-readers can get practice with the skills necessary to make it successful...while still challenging those that are ready for more!
Here's what you'll find inside this pack:
1. Lesson plan that introduces the concept of 'reading the room'...and explains differentiation to kids
2. 13 Wall Cards in which the shapes are in color and DO NOT have the name of the shape labeled
3. 13 Wall Cards in which the shapes are in color AND have the name of the shape labeled
4. 13 Wall Cards in which the "shadow" of the shapes are shown (all in black) AND have the name of the shape labeled
5. 13 Wall Cards in which ONLY the name of the shape is shown
6. I Can Read the Room: Shapes! Mat--Colored Shapes Only
7. I Can Read the Room: Shapes! Mat--Shape Shadows Only
8. I Can Read the Room: Shapes Mat--Real World Application
9. I Can Read the Room: Shapes Mat--Shape Words Only
10. I can Read the Room: Shapes Mat--Writing Shape Words (front and back)
Differentiation is a breeze--just choose a set of Wall Cards and hang them around the room. Choose the Mat that best fits the needs of each child--simple matching shape/color and circling for some, matching the shape and its shadow for another group, finding a shape and its written name for yet another...all the way up to writing the shape name for those who are really ready for a challenge!
All artwork and graphics included are one of my originals and are protected by copyright.
If you like this product, please check out the other great items in my TpT store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Rebekah-Brock
Read the Room: SHAPES! Differentiated for Early Learners
by Rebekah A. Brock
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License