Calling all teachers of Wild Readers! :) This 10 page resource should be used to build your reading community, helping yourself and your students track their reading progress throughout the year. Most resource ideas come from Donalyn Miller's "Book Whisperer" and "Reading in the Wild" and support the 40 book challenge. Cute cactus banner on all pages! :)
SR= Student Resource and TR=Teacher Resource
1. My Reading List (SR) Students track and rate books as they finish them.
2. Genre Tracking Graph (SR) (Donalyn Miller's genres) Students color in genre graph after finishing books.
3. Genre Tracking Graph (SR) (my preferred genres) Added "Mysteries" and created "Other" instead of Traditional Literature and Poetry.
4. Books to Read- (SR) Students make wishlist of books they want to read.
5. Status of the Class (TR- 25 students per page, for one day) Teacher fills in names of 25 students and calls out student names/confers to find out what book, page number, and progress students are making with independent reading.
6. Status of the Class (TR 1 student per page, for one month) If you'd rather track each student on individual pages for a month.
7. Status of the Class (TR 30 blank spaces) Not editable, but can fill in blanks in writing.
8. Status of the Class (SR) Students track their own progress so they are ready to share with teacher.
9. My Reading Itinerary (SR) Students track where, when, and how long they read for 7 days and draw an emoji about how they feel. This helps teachers get an understanding of their outside of school habits.
10. Reading Observations (TR) When you notice students aren't making progress, secretly observe them for 10 minutes of independent reading time and then make goals with student.
Please leave a review and rating if you enjoyed this product. Thank you!! :)