Middle school students need to uncover a LOVE for reading! One way for students to discover a passion for literature is to ensure comprehension. Silent Sustained Reading (SSR) and DEAR programs help this along, but true comprehension comes from students self-monitoring their own progress! Here is an easy way for students to have CHOICE with not only their book selections, but also with the ways they choose to track their learning.
* Easy to copy and paste into Reader’s Notebooks!
* Perfect fit for middle school students (grade 6 - 9)!
* Book Talks work well for Independent Reading time because it helps students monitor their comprehension!
* Page 2-3 : Fiction and Non-fiction comprehension question guide (4 per page)!
* Page 4-5 : Fiction and Non-fiction book talk examples to show as an exemplar!
* Page 6-7 : Reading Response “Menu” of selections to provide choice and variety!
* Page 8-9 : Summary vs. Reflection grid & Genre Definitions!
* Page 10 : Reading/Book Log for students to record their progress and set goals!
***Please contact me with any further questions you may have, modifications I could make, or errors I can fix! I would also be honored to alter any of my items to better suit the needs for your personal classroom and teaching environment!