I made this for my 4th grade students, but was asked by a reading specialist if the 4th grade standards could be removed as she teaches various grade levels. So this product is specific to 4th grade but the number 4 was removed from the standard. These standards are general enough that this could be used for 3rd or 5th grade.
If you want the 4th grade book follow the link below.
Reader’s Response 4th Grade Book
This is a Reader’s Response 3rd-5th Grade Common Core Book that can be used with any Literature or Informational Text. (Note: These are NOT graphic organizers!)
I’m always looking for ways to make my teaching life easier and this is a product that did exactly that. Just choose your pages, a cover, copy them, and staple and you are ready to go. Standards are written at the top of each page so you can easily choose the ones you want your students to practice. This product is super easy to use because all the work has been done for you and a great way to spiral student learning throughout the school year. Students use the text that they are reading and respond. I created this because it’s easier for me to align complex text with the students and what they like to read, versus assigning a handout with a short story on it which they don’t have an interest in reading.
This Reader’s Response 3rd-5th Grade Common Core Book can be used in so many ways to compliment your instruction such as…
• Use during Read to Self
• Use during shared reading time or read aloud
• Use during guided reading time
• Use as homework…great way to keep students accountable for reading at home.
• Use as an assessment piece. You can assess your entire class at their reading level with this product.
• This resource has over 80+ pages of Common Core aligned questions which support the Literature and Informational Text standards for 3rd-5th grade.
• These are not just graphic organizers. These are specific questions which can be used to teach a standard, practice a standard, review a standard, or even assess a standard.
• Questions have been written so they follow DOK levels of 1-4.
• RL and RI is listed on every page to make it easy for you and they are arranged in number order for Literature and Informational Text.
• 4 different covers with one stating 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade and one is blank which could be used for any grade.
• Reader’s Response Assignment Sheet with student goals
• Reader’s Response Assessment sheet which is so easy to use. I took seconds to read and review student work and circled a level of achievement based on 4 areas.
I hope you find this useful and best of luck this school year!
All material belongs to Nancy Larocca (©NLarocca2015)
This is for educational purposes only and no part should be reproduced, translated, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any way by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopied, or recorded) without prior written permission from the author.