Reader's Theater for BIG KIDS!
This 50-page CCSS Reader's Theater for Grades 4-8 BUNDLE is a compilation of:
• The School Store
• Speedy Racer
• The Cafeteria Catastrophe
all written by Erin Beers from Mrs. Beers' Language Arts Class.
Estimated Lexile Measure 700-770
This three-pack of reader's theater toolkits is the perfect tool to share with your students to enhance both fluency and reading comprehension.
Each CCSS based literature passage is
• 8+ pages long and includes 12-13 characters with a clear plot structure and provides readers with the chance to get lost in the realistic world of the various character
• All passages can be utilized independently of the others.
Great discussion will come from both the Reader Response questions that follow each of the selections, as well as in determining the central theme.
Your students will come away from reading each passage reflecting on how they would respond if placed in the same situations as the characters in the three different texts.
Use this bundle in a variety of ways:
1) If you teach multiple classes, have each group perform the same passage for the other classes.
2) If you teach three different classes, have each class perform a different reader's theater
3) Read each passage in your own creative way with your students.
Your students will thank you for sharing this with them and be asking you for more.
For more perfect ELA resources...
Grab this BUNDLED Reader's Theater resource for BIG KIDS:
• All-American Reader's Theater BUNDLE for BIG KIDS Common Core Aligned
Check out these other Reader's Theater Toolkits...
• Aesop's Fables Reader's Theater Toolkit Common Core Aligned
• Back to School Blues Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• Classroom Etiquette for BIG KIDS Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• Earth Day Reader's Theater and Informational Text Toolkit
• First Day Jitters for BIG KIDS: Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• Halloween Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Tookit
• Holiday Reader's Theater and Reading Literature Toolkit
• Martin Luther King Jr. Reader's Theater and Informational Text Toolkit
• Memorial Day Reader's Theater and Close Reading Toolkit
• President's Day Reader's Theater and Informational Text Toolkit
I would love your feedback on this product. Also, feel free to FOLLOW me so that you have the chance to find out about any new novel units, reader's theaters, or other language arts materials for the middle grades I create as soon as they are posted.