Also included in
- This Reader's Theater Science Bundle includes three original plays: I Wanna be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals), Weather, and the Solar System. Each script has enough parts (30) for the whole class and is great to use as part of a science unit, for fluency practice, or to add variety to your reading$6.40$12.00Save $5.60
This "I Wanna Be a Rock Star" play is an original one I wrote for my class as an end of the year performance for parents and students but it is also a great activity during a rocks and minerals science unit. The play is filled with excellent scientific information about rocks and minerals, including sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks, fossils, Moh's Scale of Hardness and more! Even better, it is one that the kids love to perform and is lots of fun!
Specifically, it includes:
8 Page Original Script with 30 parts
6 Pages of Detailed Teacher Notes
Summary of the Play:
Basalt (the main character) has decided to leave the quarry to search for an agent who will help him become a rock star. Along the way, he meets each rock group, like the igneous rocks who are having a luau. During his travels, we get to know cute characters like the Geologist, a nerdy know it all, Moh, the fast talking, slick agent and Diamond the diva superstar. In the end Basalt seeks the advice of The Geode, a wise, all knowing guru, who helps him follow his dreams.
The running time for this play is about 20 -25 minutes, which is a perfect amount of time for 3rd - 6th graders.
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with theReader's Theater Science Bundle!!! (Click Here)
Here are the other two plays included in the Reader's Theater Science Bundle:
Why you'll love this resource:
- It's a great way to reinforce scientific information.
- There are enough parts for each child in your class (up to 30) but it can be used for any number of students with a bit of tweaking!
- The play can be used as a grand production for the whole school or for a parent night or it may be used in a single setting in the classroom.
- Students love the humor in the play and enjoy reading it.
- There are suggested popular songs which may be added for full productions, like We Will Rock You!
- It's a great way to integrate science and reading.
- The play is a great tool to practice fluency.
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.