If you are searching for a way to get your students to enjoy reading, become more expressive, read aloud with confidence, become more fluent…then let the magic begin!!
I have found using Reader’s Theater with large and small groups really helps my students strengthen their reading and language arts skills! My class CHEERS every time I tell them we are going to do Reader’s Theater!! This technique makes reading come alive for your students and can really develop classroom full of confident readers! It is especially important that the stories are fun and engaging!
Reader’s Theater is a great way to reach the individual needs of a variety of students at one time! Accelerated readers can continue to develop expressive reading, and develop or expand their vocabulary. Struggling readers are real legitimate reason to read aloud and to re-read. Collaborating with peers is one of the most appealing features of Readers Theatre; students did not feel alone as they read, they did not have to read the whole text, and they experienced breaks between their reading.
This Reader’s Theater script is adapted from the wacky story Mrs. Wonker’s Last Day of School by Susie Hempstead. This Reader’s Theater has parts for 18 students.
Check out my FREE Reader’s Theater as a Sample…
How the Camel Got His Hump
You Might Also Like…
Reader’s Theater – GARRETT MORGAN – INVENTOR OF THE TRAFFIC LIGHT – Great Non-Fiction!
Reader’s Theater WHATCHA DOING, STINK BUG? Great for Science and ELA!
AND MORE END OF YEAR READER'S THEATERS . . .
Reader’s Theater MY TEACHER'S PACKED AND READY! – Great For End of Year!
Reader’s Theater RINK THE RED ROBOT’S LAST DAY OF SCHOOL – Great For End of Year!
Reader’s Theater ABC DOES MY TEACHER LIVE AT SCHOOL? – Great For End of Year!
Reader’s Theater ABC GOODBYE TO SCHOOL – Great For End of Year!
Also, Be Sure To Check Out . . .
ROBOT Thematic Literacy and Math Unit – Print & Go and SO Much More!
Circus Themed Thematic Literacy Unit
And You’ll Just Love . . .
A Thematic Bugs, Butterflies, and Insects Literacy Unit
A Thematic WORM Literacy Unit
If you and your students enjoy this Reader’s Theater I would really appreciate your positive feedback! Plus, leaving feedback helps you to save money on future TPT purchases!! It’s very easy to do! Just go to your My Purchases page. Next to each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it you’ll be able to give a quick rating and leave a short comment about this product.
Be sure to click the STAR near the top of any page in my store and become my newest follower! You’ll be the first to know about my newest resources AND read my latest JOKES! If you already follow me, then you already know that I always leave you with a smile and a chuckle…please enjoy these top 5 reasons teacher’s know it’s time for summer break!!
5. You accidentally wear your house slippers to school. When you realize it, you’re just not sure you care. Hey, they’re comfortable, right?
4. Your morning (and afternoon) visits to the local coffee shop have your family and colleagues wondering if you’ve bought stock in the company.
3. Supplies are looking pretty grim. There isn’t a pencil in your classroom to be found that has a working eraser, and 98% of your markers and glue sticks no longer have caps.
2. You begin to have nightmares about students filling in bubbles incorrectly – not “filling in their answers completely” or making their marks “heavy and dark” enough.
1. Your principal suddenly has 25 teacher observations scheduled in the next few weeks.