~Influential People~ Fluency~ U.S. History~
~~~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.~~~
This is a readers’ theater biography for grades 3 through 6. This resource will assist your students with fluency/expression reading practice, identifying character traits and justifying with evidence from the text, and sequencing events in a timeline (Dates used throughout to help with the timeline).
Included in this set are:
* extensively researched, 32 page readers’ theater biography script, following King from birth to death
* 22 speaking parts
* character traits page for both Martin and Coretta King
* character traits list page to assist in the character traits page
* timeline boxes with dates and events
* blank timeline boxes for use in the creation of a timeline - This can be adapted for students as the teacher decides how many events the students need on their individual timelines.
* Fast Facts page - biography graphic organizer
* Who Did What? - Students read the event/activity and decide who the clue describes.
* map showing where important events took place
Follow me for additions to this products and new resources in the Life Changers series!
For other Readers’ Theater titles, please see my other resources:
Jack and the Beanstalk
The Gingerbread Man
The Little Red Hen
Need your student to set goals and track progress? See my Student Binder Tracking Tools:
Student Data Binder