Readers Theater Play | Sedna An Inuit Tale of Alaska
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- SAVE 20% In this bundle (250 pages) are EIGHT reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom whether it's upper elementary or middle grades. Strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. These scripts contain drama and humor, soPrice $23.36Original Price $38.50Save $15.14
- DISCOUNT 30%! Are you looking for year-long theater education curriculum and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a gigantic bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 49 products (NEARLY 1,500 PAGES) which were all created by me and time testPrice $159.31Original Price $285.24Save $125.93
- SAVE 30% In this collection (275 pages) are 13 reader's theater scripts of folk takes from around the world adapted for the language arts, drama and social studies classroom. Learn about other cultures while strengthening your students' reading, speaking and listening skills. These scripts contaiPrice $33.46Original Price $59.75Save $26.29
This dramatic reader's theater play script is based on an Inuit folk tale. It has roles for 20 + students is suitable for upper elementary gifted or middle school students whether studying culture of the Native Americans, Alaskan territory or a drama class. This is a perfect script for the winter months.
In addition, a teacher could assign this script for students distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Based on the beloved Inuit folk tale by the same name, students will have an opportunity to:
- explore creation myths of the Inuit culture—specifically the origin of whales, walruses and seals and why the ocean is sometimes calm and other times raging
- dramatize a folk tale with chanting
- use their imaginations to express emotion through their voices
- learn a dance of the Inuit culture
integrate with your vocal music teacher and present the play together! Your students can sing and accompany the song with drums and/or mallet instruments. (Optional)
This product comes with:
- Letter to teacher
- Warm up
- Procedure or rehearsal schedule
- Rationale for teaching creation myths
- Six page script with roles for 20 + students
- Sound effects list
- Original song reminiscent of the Inuit culture
- Source list with suggestions for dances
Comprehensive? You bet! This is a successful teaching and learning experience created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
Lin Manuel Miranda Biography (Format Two)
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
Sedna, an Inuit Tale
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.