Snow Day At Last ( Winter Theme, Reading Activities/Strategies)
Scripts With Content
For Intermediate Readers
This Reader’s Theater Script is a great resource to use in your classroom in many ways: literature circles, partner read, centers, or teacher table.
Snow Day At Last will be divided into scenes. Each scene will have a reading response activity!
First: Read and Re Read (Fluency)
Next: Making Predictions, Answering & Asking Questions (Comprehension strategies)
Then: Synonyms & Alphabetize (Vocabulary Development)
Finally: Reflection & Visualization
CCSS. RL 2.3,3.3,5.3
CCSS. RL 3.4,4.4
CCSS. RL 3.5,4.5,5.5
CCSS. RL 3.10,4.10,5.1
Reading Foundational Skills:
CCSS. RF 2.4,3.4,4.4,5.4
Speaking And Listening:
CCSS. SL 21,3.1,4.1,5.1
This package includes:
• Common Core Standards
• 23 pg Script Highlighted
• 23 pg Script B&W for saving ink
• A total of 4 Scenes with Reading Strategies Activities at the end of each one. (Fluency, Comprehension, Vocabulary Building, Visualization)
• CAUSE AND EFFECT Booklet
• INFERENCE Task Cards or Booklet
• VISUALIZATION Task Cards or Booklet
• Winter 5 Senses Poem (Brainstorming template & Final Draft)
• Paragraph Writing Template (Instructions, 2 Prompt, 2 Graphic Organizers)
• Coloring page
• Hallway Winter Writing Exhibit
Reader’s Theater is one of the best tools in the classroom to have students gain fluency, accuracy and comprehension in reading. It also reinforces listening skills, and teamwork.
I’m a bilingual teacher so all my plays will be written in English and Spanish. Make sure to check them out in my store.
Hope you enjoy a little drama!