Also included in
- SAVE 20% In this bundle (250 pages) are EIGHT reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for your classroom whether it's upper elementary or middle grades. Strengthen your students' reading, speaking, listening skills as well as build their imaginations. These scripts contain drama and humor, so$29.20$38.50Save $9.30
- SAVE 20% In this drama integration bundle (275 pages) are ELEVEN reader's theater scripts with UNITS, adapted for the social studies classroom. Learn about other cultures while strengthening your students' reading, speaking and listening skills. These scripts contain drama and humor, so you can foc$41.20$51.50Save $10.30
- BUNDLE Save! Celebrate Native American month with this GROWING bundle includes units concerning Indigenous people--Inca, Zuni and Meti tribes in particular. Each readers theater unit contains information which would be useful in a Social Studies, Language Arts or Drama class. This is a perfect$11.60$16.00Save $4.40
Celebrate Native American month with this exciting reader’s theater script! The Zuni tale The Legend of the Corn Maidens is a dramatization with roles for 20+ students and suitable for a Social Studies of indegenous people, the American southwest, or Drama, Language Arts or reading classes. Students strengthen their reading (fluency), speaking (diction) and listening skills (restating) while learning to work cooperatively.
Or this product can be used by a teacher with distance learning students. #DistanceLearningTPT
- Two warm ups--one physical and one imaginative, both boost energy
- Original version of the Legend of Corn Maidens--great for comparison and contrast
- Teacher's script--what I say and how I say it!
- Advice in directing reader's theater
- Blocking plot for performance
- Kachina Dolls Information
- Who are the Zuni people?
- Eleven page script with roles for 20+
- Original song reminiscent of the Zuni music
- Sheet music (optional for performance)
- Sound bytes of music
- Enrichment activities--designing a costume, designing a set, study of other Native American creation myths or a drama exercise using tableaux
Comprehensive? You bet!
This script was field tested and created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.