Also included in
- This bundle includes two Hawaiian Indigenous stories, based on traditional stories as taught to me by Native Hawaiians. These stories are best taught in sequence. Each script begins with a list of characters, which will help you assign roles. You can add more narrators or combine roles to meet your$6.00$7.00Save $1.00
- Readers theater increases essential literacy skills and motivation to read.3 Reasons why you should use readers theater with your students.Reader's theater promotes fluency.Reader's theater helps readers learn to read aloud with expression.Reader's theater helps children build reading confidence.Thi$17.70$20.75Save $3.05
- Legends about Maui have delighted and captivated listeners for centuries. I learned these stories with my family in the islands and they are a way of teaching our values and respect for the islands, land, and ocean. To share these values and respect for the land and sea that these legends teach abou$12.00$14.75Save $2.75
- This bundle includes 2 Readers Theater scripts: Maui Slows the Sun and Maui Finds his Strength, as well as a Hawaii Coloring Book to learn more about Hawaii.This Hawaii Coloring Book is an excellent resource to integrate into a thematic unit on Hawaii. Coloring pages include the following state symb$9.90$11.00Save $1.10
- Work on reading fluency, reading comprehension, and building background knowledge with this Myths and Legends from Hawaii Readers Theater Bundle! This resource includes 2 readers theater scripts based on legends from Hawaii and the Hawaiian culture that are perfect for 2nd - 5th grade students. “Ma$13.50$15.50Save $2.00
Children will love this readers theater script, Maui Finds His Strength. This script introduces the character of Maui, the setting of the story, and how he began to develop his strengths to help his community, rather than just himself.
Native Hawaiian legend for young children in primary grades 2 through 4. Children can learn about Hawaiian culture and values while improving fluency and comprehension skills. Readers Theater scripts provide high engagement
The story for this script was shared with me by Native Hawaiians and I stay true and respectful of the Indigenous culture, the people and their traditions, as much as possible.
This Readers Theater script includes:
- Readers Theater Script for engaging children in a traditional legend.
- Learn about Hawaiian culture and values while improving fluency skills.
- Readers Theater Script for 6 or more children, up to 12 kids
Research shows how storytelling helps improve students' comprehension! People remember more when it is in the form of a story. Combined with the fluency practice, this is a very powerful activity for your students
Storytelling Power Point
☀️ ☀️ A portion of all purchases helps to support , an organization that provides literature to Indigenous students in Central and South America. ☀️ ☀️
Thank you for visiting Aurora Education!Stay connected by following on or !