Also included in
- This Reader's Theater Science Bundle includes three original plays: I Wanna be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals), Weather, and the Solar System. Each script has enough parts (30) for the whole class and is great to use as part of a science unit, for fluency practice, or to add variety to your reading$8.00$12.00Save $4.00
This Solar System Play is an original script I wrote for my class as an end of the year performance for parents and students but it may also be used as a space review! It's filled with good scientific information about the sun, moons, planets, and other space objects, but even better, it's entertaining and fun!
Specifically, it includes:
8 Page Play
5 Pages of Teacher Notes which describe simple costume suggestions, casting tips, props, suggested songs, and more.
Summary of the Play:
The Sun thinks he/she is the most important thing in the Solar System and isn't afraid to let everyone know it. With the guidance of each planet, (including Venus, the diva and Saturn, the surfer) and each solar system object, the Sun realizes in the end, that each planet, moon, asteroid, comet, etc. has value.
There are 30 parts included in this play, but you can tailor the number to fit your class needs. The running time for this play is about 20 -25 minutes.
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reader's Theater Science Bundle!!! (Click Here)
Here are the other two plays included in the Reader's Theater Science Bundle:
Why you'll love this resource:
- It's a great way to reinforce scientific information.
- There are enough parts for each child in your class (up to 30) but it can be used for any number of students with a bit of tweaking!
- The play can be used as a grand production for the whole school or for a parent night or it may be used in a single setting in the classroom.
- Students love the humor in the play and enjoy reading it.
- There are suggested popular songs which may be added for full productions, like Aquarius and Venus!
- It's a great way to integrate science and reading.
- The play is a great tool to practice fluency.
Finally, if you like my work, please follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.