Spring Reader's Theater ~ Spring Reader's Theater includes three scripts for students to practice their fluency, expression, and oral reading skills. This product includes three stories about Spring topics. Also included is lesson ideas to introduce the activity.
* Story 1 - Rumbles, Flashes, and Drops (5 readers) - 3 children, a thundercloud and a raindrop have conversation about thunderstorms and safety during a thunderstorm.
* Story 2 - Flowers (6 readers) - 2 children , a rose, a tulip, a bluebonnet, and a sunflower talk about acceptance of differences.
* Story 3 - The Garden (3 readers) - A grandfather, grandmother and their granddaughter talk about planting a garaden and helping others.
• The characters/readers’ parts are highlighted in different colors
• This activity would be ideal to practice Daily 5's Listen to Reading and Read to Someone components.
• This activity is ideal for 1st to 2nd grade students. Older grade level students (3-4th) that are below grade level could utilize this product as well.
• Embedded in the scripts is the potential to practice identification of contractions, nouns, verbs, etc. AND there are pronunciation keys for multisyllabic words/challenging words within the script.
• This product also comes with printable character/puppet images that you could attach to wooden craft sticks or brown paper bags. Enjoy!
Spring Reader's Theater ~ Spring Reader's Theater ~ Spring Reader's Theater