Also included in
- This Reader's Theater Science Bundle includes three original plays: I Wanna be a Rock Star (Rocks and Minerals), Weather, and the Solar System. Each script has enough parts (30) for the whole class and is great to use as part of a science unit, for fluency practice, or to add variety to your reading$8.00$12.00Save $4.00
This Weather Play is an original one that I wrote for my class as an end of the year performance for parents and students but it may also be used as part of a weather unit in science. Not only does it contain excellent science information about the water cycle, weather phenomena like rain, snow, hail, thunder, lightning, and cloud types, but it's also funny and is one the audience will love!
Specifically, it includes:
14 page Original Weather Script
7 pages of Detailed Teacher Notes which describe simple costume suggestions, casting tips, props, and more. Suggested songs are listed as well.
Summary of the Play:
It's Career Day for Miss Sprinkle and her students (Raindrop, Drizzle, Mist, and Droplet). Miss Sprinkle takes her class on a field trip to get to know all the different types of weather careers available. Along the way they meet lots of cute characters like the brothers, Thunder and Lightning, the bad boy, Blizzard, the hippie clouds (Nimbus, Stratus and Cumulus) and more. In the end, each little water droplet decides which career he/she would like to pursue.
There are 30 parts included in this play, but you can tailor the number to fit your class needs. You can also use this to reinforce science concepts while incorporating reading and drama. The running time for this play is about 30 -35 minutes.
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reader's Theater Science Bundle!!! (Click Here)
Here are the other two plays included in the Reader's Theater Science Bundle:
Why you'll love this resource:
- It's a great way to reinforce scientific information.
- There are enough parts for each child in your class (up to 30) but it can be used for any number of students with a bit of tweaking!
- The play can be used as a grand production for the whole school or for a parent night or it may be used in a single setting in the classroom.
- Students love the humor in the play and enjoy reading it.
- There are suggested popular songs which may be added for full productions, like Mr. Blue Skies and Umbrella.
- It's a great way to integrate science and reading.
- The play is a great tool to practice fluency.
Finally, if you like my work, I would love it if you followed me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.