****This kit is now available as part of a money-saving BUNDLE! Check it out here (Click on the title): Save With A Bundle: Author's Purpose - All About PIE and Reader's Tool Box
Create a "Tool Box" of reading strategies for your readers. Fun tools suggest strategies that "build" better readers. This download consists of 12 pages:
1. Photos of a sample Reader's Tool Box that I use in my class. (Plastic box purchased a Michaels Arts and Crafts.)
2. Reader's Tool Box Cover (to put on your own box, file or large envelope to hold the "tools").
3. Saw: Look at the first letters. Get your mouth ready.
4. Hammer: Sound it out.
5. Pliers: Look at the pictures.
6. Handsaw: Break the work into parts.
7. Wrench: Skip the word and come back to it.
8. Screwdriver: Take a running start and re-read the sentence.
9. Tape Measure: Does it make sense? Does it look right? Does it sound right?
10. Bonus! Student bookmarks printed two-to a page OR use as mini tool kits that you can print, cut and laminate so each student can have their own mini tool kit!
Suggestions: Print tools in color on cardstock, cut, and then laminate. Place in a box. Put the cover onto the box lid or purchase a box as shown in the photos.