Also included in
- ⭐With this reader's workshop bundle, you will be ready to ROCK reading workshop for the entire school year! The first unit will set up the routines and procedures to run a successful reading workshop ALL YEAR LONG! You will then start to teach your students about metacognition strategies in Unit 2,$52.15$74.50Save $22.35
❤️Implementing a reading workshop approach to teach reading does not have to be stressful! When you take the time to establish routines and set expectations for your readers, you will see them flourish into a class of life long readers who have a deep love for reading. ❤️
This will be your go-to resource to help you implement reading workshop in your primary classroom. It will take you step by step by listing different mini-lessons that you will teach to make reading workshop a success! Most importantly, it will inspire your students to develop a love for reading time.
There are 23 mini-lessons that are included in this file, which focus on establishing routines and setting expectations for implement reading workshop with your students.
During this unit, readers will learn to:
- Follow the structure of reader’s workshop (mini-lesson, independent reading, closing)
- Self-select books that “fit like a glove” from the classroom library
- Take a browse through the classroom library for just-right books
- Take ownership over the classroom library by cleaning book baskets and organizing books
- Use a book check out form to check out books in an organized manner
- Use library stick holders to aid their book shopping
- Use a shopping schedule to check out books on an assigned day
- Use book nooks to keep all their reading materials organized
- Celebrate the grand opening of the classroom library
- Commit to expected reading behavior- RW contract signing party
- Demonstrate specific behaviors of real readers (this includes a fun rockin’ reader art project)
- Build their reading stamina and chart growth
- Use reader notebook’s
- Read with a reading partner during reading partnerships
- Demonstrate expectations for reading partnerships
- Work together to solve problems that arise during reading partnerships
- Read with their partner and discuss the text
- Meet with the teacher for a reading conference
- Reflect on their reading partnerships
Want to learn more about reader's workshop? Watch my FREE videos all about implementing reader's workshop!
Mini-lessons in the resource include:
**Detailed lesson plans
**Colorful posters for you to print for your anchor charts
**Reproducibles for your students
Save 20% by buying all my Reading Workshop Units of Study in one year long bundle!>
Unit 1, Launching Reading Workshop in your Primary Classroom
Unit 2, Reading Workshop: Metacognition: Thinking about Reading
Unit 3, Implementing Reader's Notebooks with Reading Workshop
Unit 4, Reading to Learn: Informational Text Features
Unit 5, Character Study Unit
Unit 6, Diving Deep with Book Clubs
Also included in the bundle:
Classroom Library Kit
Reading Workshop Book Awards Celebration
By purchasing the bundle, you save BIG and get the best deal.
Please me with any questions you have BEFORE purchasing this resource.
Thanks for checking out my resource!