This is the complete set of bundled materials for Reader's Workshop, full of tips and tools to get your Reader's Workshop ready and rolling in a 3-5 classroom! Two editable documents have also been included. To open all files in this zip file, you will need either Keynote or PowerPoint, and a pdf reader such as Adobe or Preview.
This product includes student sheets, teacher background information, planning documents, anchor charts and more!
Included in this pack are printable (not editable) materials for the following:
Materials for Structuring the Workshop
* Components of Balanced Literacy
* Reader’s Workshop Framework Model
* Shared Reading Lesson Planning Document
* Shared Reading Lesson Plan Format
* Sample Shared Reading Lesson Plan
* Reader’s Workshop Week-at-a-Glance Planner
* Sample Reader’s Workshop Week-at-a-Glance Plan
* Reader’s Workshop Anchor Charts
* Books to Grow Readers List
* Classroom Library Background, Pictures, and Basket Labels
* Library Checkout Sheet
* Book Pass Activity: Directions and Student Sheet
Tools for Reader's Notebooks
* Tips for Reader’s Notebooks Page
* Reader’s Notebook Setup Page with Pictures
* Sample Pictures
* Covers for Reader’s Notebooks, Word Study Notebooks, and Writer’s Notebooks (bonus)
* Divider Pages to fold and glue
* Student Pages: Table of Contents, Books I’ve Read, Books I Want to Read, Reading Survey, Myself as a Reader, My Reading Goals, Genre Graph, Genre Bingo!, Daily Reading Record
Responding to Independent Reading
* Ways to Respond: 2 pages of ideas to get kids responding to text
* Recommendation Bookmarks
*2 versions of Reading Response sheets
* Nonfiction Response Anchor Charts
Comprehension Strategy Instruction Materials
*Books for teaching strategies: Questioning, Synthesizing, Making Predictions, Making Inferences, Using Prior Knowledge, Visualizing, Making Connections
*Introducing Comprehension Strategy Anchor Charts
*Teacher Background Information for each strategy
*Sample Anchor Charts for each strategy
*Student Sheets for each strategy
* Flap Books: a folded paper book designed to glue into student’s reader’s notebooks to support their independent practice in real text!
Word Wall Words
Editable materials included:
Weekly lesson plan format for Reader's Workshop
This product, once purchased, is licensed to be used in one classroom. Additional classrooms must purchase additional licenses.
You may also be interested in:
Thank you for your interest in my products! To learn about more affordable teaching products, follow my store!