This Reader's Workshop Freebie Pack is a seven-page sampler from my Rolling Out Reader's Workshop Pack.
Included in this file...
Reader's Workshop Week At-a-Glance Planner
Shared Reading Lesson Planning Document
Library Book CheckIn/Out Sheet
Reader's Notebook Cover
Word Study Notebook Cover
Books I Want to Read Student Sheet
Feedback and/or a rating is appreciated!
For updates on free and affordable teaching resources, follow my store or follow my blog at
Chrissy Beltran: Buzzing with Ms. B
The complete Reader's Workshop pack includes over 120 pages full of tips and tools to get your Reader's Workshop ready & rolling in a 3-5 classroom!
Student sheets, teacher background information, planning documents, anchor charts and more!
Included in this pack are materials for the following:
Materials for Structuring the Workshop
* Components of Balanced Literacy
* Reader’s Workshop Framework Model
* Shared Reading Lesson Planning Document
* Shared Reading Lesson Plan Format
* Sample Shared Reading Lesson Plan
* Reader’s Workshop Week-at-a-Glance Planner
* Sample Reader’s Workshop Week-at-a-Glance Plan
* Reader’s Workshop Anchor Charts
* Books to Grow Readers List
* Classroom Library Background, Pictures, and Basket Labels
* Library Checkout Sheet
* Book Pass Activity: Background & Student Sheet
Tools for Reader's Notebooks
* Tips for Reader’s Notebooks Page
* Reader’s Notebook Setup Page with Pictures
* Sample Pictures
* 2 different cover choices for Reader’s Notebooks, Word Study Notebooks, and Writer’s Notebooks (bonus)
* Divider Pages to fold & glue
* Student Pages: Table of Contents, Books I’ve Read, Books I Want to Read, Reading Survey, Myself as a Reader, My Reading Goals, Genre Graph, Genre Bingo!, Daily Reading Record
Responses to Text
* Ways to Respond: 2 pages of ideas to get kids responding to text
* Recommendation Bookmarks
*Buzzworthy Books Response Idea & Materials to make your own response wall
*2 versions of Reading Response sheets
* Nonfiction Response Anchor Charts
Comprehension Strategy Instruction Materials
*Books for teaching strategies: Questioning, Synthesizing, Making Predictions, Making Inferences, Using Prior Knowledge, Visualizing, Making Connections
*Introducing Comprehension Strategy Anchor Charts
*Teacher Background Information for each strategy
*Sample Anchor Charts for each strategy
*Student Sheets for each strategy
* Flap Books: a folded paper book designed to glue into student’s reader’s notebooks to support their independent practice in real text!
Word Wall Words
Check it out at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rolling-Out-Readers-Workshop-Complete-Pack-765756