This Reader’s Workshop poster set with “I can” statements will help you implement and manage the Reader’s Workshop framework and provide your students with visual reminders all year long! Perfect for getting started.
• I can choose “just right” books.
• I can stay in one spot.
• I can build my stamina.
• I can make a prediction.
• I can check my prediction.
• I can do something after reading.
• I can read lots of books.
• I can keep track.
• I can set goals.
• I can reread to improve my fluency.
• I can scoop up more words.
• I can reread to learn more.
• I can self-correct.
• 1 Anchor chart (Notebook Page) that includes all 14 posters
• If you would like to create a traditional anchor chart, print the posters two to a page.
• You may also print the “Notebook Page” poster size.
• Print the “Notebook Page” as individual references for your students to keep in their book boxes when reading.
• You may also wish to print 2-4 on a page and assign them as Reading goals for your students to ensure that they are on task during Reader's Workshop. This is a very effective strategy with my students.
You may also enjoy these Reader's Workshop resources for your classroom:
Please visit my blog TheKFiles for additional resources and ideas!
From my home away from home……to yours!
The K Files