Readers Workshop | Reading Comprehension Habits | STAR Reader | Reading Workshop
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you want to build deep-thinking readers that can correctly cite text evidence and self-monitor their reading? This 1st grade reading comprehension bundle is exactly what you need! This 1st grade reading bundle includes printables, anchor charts, lesson ideas, projectables and more! The 12 editablPrice $15.00Original Price $22.00Save $7.00
- This bundle will help you with your Readers Workshop...it includes Building STAR Readers and Teaching Readers to Self-Monitor. If you already own Finding Proof (for citing text evidence), then this bundle is for you!Please go to each listing on TpT to download the previews for these packs or to thePrice $9.50Original Price $11.00Save $1.50
- If you already own Teaching Readers to Self-Monitor pack, than this bundle will help you even more with your Readers Workshop because it includes Finding Proof and Building STAR Readers.Please go to each listing on TpT to download the previews for these packs or to the blog posts to find more detailPrice $10.00Original Price $12.00Save $2.00
This readers workshop pack has everything you need to launch or refine readers workshop in your classroom! This pack focuses on building reading comprehension habits - STAR readers that Study Think Ask and Respond to reading. This is perfect for start reading workshop at back to school or anytime during the year! It’s such a useful tool for 1st grade reading skills and helping them grow as readers. This readers workshop focuses on important 1st grade reading skills, including reading comprehension, finding text evidence, and building reading stamina.
This reading workshop resource focuses on the following skills:
- Reading comprehension
- Text evidence
- Partner reading
- Character study
- Inferring word meanings
- Building reading stamina
Readers workshop elements include:
- The original concept of being a STAR reader
- STAR reader friends with original poems
- STAR reader posters
- STAR reader bookmarks
- Goal-setting activities
- Response pages
- Student awards
- Parent communication letters
This reading workshop resource is perfect for:
- Starting a readers workshop
- Refining your current reading workshop
- Enhancing your reading program
- Helping students with reading stamina
- Independent reading
- Partner reading
Make sure to view the PREVIEW to see everything that’s included in this resource!
This resource is also included in the following products:
Bundle - Building STAR Readers & Text Evidence for Readers Workshop
Bundle - Building STAR Readers & Teaching Readers to Self-Monitor
Text Evidence - Self-Monitoring Activities - Monthly Reading Logs Bundle
This reading workshop unit is embedded and aligned with Common Core state standards, but no standards are specifically noted on the pages so it can be used with any standards.
See What Other Teachers are Saying. . .
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ DebiB. says, “Very comprehensive resource! I love the focus of holding readers accountable through the showing of evidence pages! Great job!”
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Stacey A. says, “This is a great resource for teaching self-monitoring strategies! Love the characters used to introduce the STAR strategies!”
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Debra T. says, “WOW!!! This is awesome! You were so thorough. I soooo appreciate you sharing this. This is exactly what I needed.”
More resources from Growing Firsties:
⭐ Self-Monitoring Reading BUNDLE - Read Carefully: Look Closely + Check it Slowly
⭐ 1st Grade Self-Monitoring Reading Fluency MEGA BUNDLE | Look Alike Sight Words
⭐ First Grade Look Alike Words | Self Monitoring Reading | Commonly Confused Words
THANK YOU FOR VISITING GROWING FIRSTIES!
FOLLOW ME on TpT and be the first to be notified of new resources and sales. Just click the Green Star at the top of the Page.
Let’s Connect . . .
Copyright © Growing Firsties. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.