Easy chart for students to log in their reading homework. Students color in a star for every 15 minutes of reading they complete. Students earn prizes (teachers' discretion: pencils, treasure chest visit, bookmark, erasers, etc.) when they reach the 3 hour, 15 hour, and 30 hour marks.
* Students are encouraged to read outside of school and log in their time.
* Fun, easy way to help students become responsible for outside of class reading time.
* Parent signatures are required to verify hours read - signature boxes included at the 3 hour, 15 hour, and 30 hour goals.
* It is intended to pass out new logs at the beginning of each new marking period. Students can keep their logs as a sense of accomplishment. :)
* Nice way to teach students perseverance, responsibility, and encourage reading.
* Easy chart can be kept in folder, portfolio sleeve, glued to inside of the cover of a notebook, etc.
* Kids enjoy coloring the stars to show their progress. Students in my class loved keeping track and showing their friends the long hours they spent reading at home.
* Filled-in stars can help students visualize their progress toward their goals.
* Designed for use in elementary school, but can be used with any age group for outside reading homework.