NO PREP PRINTABLES! 3 (plus 1 free bonus item - Dogs in Entertainment) highly engaging informational text passages that thoroughly explain various roles dogs play in society paired with meaningful ELA tasks. Tasks include determining word meanings, locating central ideas, writing a summary, making inferences, writing an informative text, and more. Use all three in your classes and students won't be bored!
Great for middle schoolers who are tough to motivate!
This digital download includes the following three products:
Assistance Dogs: Informational Text Passage & Tasks
Police Dogs: Informational Text Passage & Tasks
Working Dogs: Informational Text Passage & Tasks
CURRENTLY INCLUDES FREE "DOGS IN ENTERTAINMENT" PASSAGE & GRAPHIC ORGANIZER TOO!!!
CONTENTS (Assistance Dogs):
1. Informational Text Passage "Assistance Dogs"
2. Graphic Organizer (Web to fill out)
3. Reading Comprehension & Vocabulary Questions
4. Write a Summary Activity
5. Answer Key/Rubric for Summary/Sample Summary
CONTENTS (Police Dogs)
1. Preview Vocabulary & Latin Roots
2. Informational Text Passage "Police Dogs"
3. Read Closely & Make Inferences
4. Write an Informative Mini-Autobiography "My Life as a Police Dog"
5. Sample Informative Mini-Autobio/Answer Key/Rubric
CONTENTS (Working Dogs)
1. Informational Text Passage "Working Dogs"
2. Determine Word Meanings Using Context Clues
3. Outline Central Ideas
4. Connecting Ideas (Classify specific types of working dogs)
5. Answer Key