PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do you need engaging and low prep reading activities for your students? I am always on a mission to create reading activities for specific skills that are engaging for my students. This Color By Reading Skill practice is both engaging and a much needed review of important reading skills.
This resource includes 28 “Color By Reading Skill” printables and reviews 11 important reading skills for 4th and 5th grade readers. The set is currently complete but if I create any new color by reading skills for this grade level, I will add it.
To complete the printables, the students read six texts. Then they lightly color the text the color that matches whatever they were trying to find. For example, they may color the text the color that matches the main idea or the color that matches the text structure.
These are the skills and # of printable that are included:
• Text Structure - 3 printables
• Main Idea - 3 printables
• Firsthand and Secondhand Accounts - 3 printables
• Conflict in Fiction - 2 printables
• Point of View (1st, 2nd, and 3rd person) - 3 printables
• Determining Narrator - 2 printables
• Character Traits - 2 printables
• Determining Theme - 3 printables
• Author's Purpose - 2 Printables
• Infer Character's Feelings - 2 Printables
- Story Elements - 3 Printables
These reading practice printables work well for test prep, re-teaching, homework, and reading stations or groups.
Need More Reading Resources for 4th and 5th Grade?