Also included in
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading Comprehensi$116.00$232.00Save $116.00
Do you need engaging and low prep reading activities for your students? I am always on a mission to create reading activities for specific skills that are engaging for my students. This Color By Reading Skill practice is both engaging and a much-needed review of important reading skills.
Now includes a Google Slides™ version! Please see pages 3 and 4 for the details and links!
This resource includes 28 “Color By Reading Skill” printables and reviews 11 important reading skills for 4th and 5th grade readers.
To complete the printables, the students read six texts. Then they lightly color the text the color that matches whatever they were trying to find. For example, they may color the text the color that matches the main idea or the color that matches the text structure.
These are the skills and # of printable that are included:
• Text Structure - 3 printables
• Main Idea - 3 printables
• Firsthand and Secondhand Accounts - 3 printables
• Conflict in Fiction - 2 printables
• Point of View (1st, 2nd, and 3rd person) - 3 printables
• Determining Narrator - 2 printables
• Character Traits - 2 printables
• Determining Theme - 3 printables
• Author's Purpose - 2 Printables
• Infer Character's Feelings - 2 Printables
- Story Elements - 3 Printables
These reading practice printables work well for test prep, re-teaching, homework, and reading stations or groups.
This resource now includes a Google Slides version of the color by reading activities.
To complete the digital activity, the students will move over semi-transparent colored boxes to “color” their answers.
The content for the digital version is the same as the printable version.
The Google Slides are grouped by skill. You will find the links for each skill on pages 3 and 4 of the file.
Since there are several pages for each skill, you may need to delete any pages you don't want to assign at the moment. Click here for more information about assigning Google Slides.
Need More Reading Resources for 4th and 5th Grade?