Students will identify details, purpose, make inferences, and structure while reading.
- Product Description
Albert Marrin's is a great non-fiction text to pair with Margaret Peterson Haddix's novel or any study of workers' rights, the rise of the unions, women's suffrage, and the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire.
✓Chapter Notes Graphic Organizer
✓Discussion Questions for each chapter with Answers Keys
✓18 Reading activities to accompany the chapters
- Graphic Organizers
- Sketch Notes
- Journal Response
- Argument Brainstorms
- Image and Political Cartoon Analysis
- Descriptive Quotes and Details
- Cause and Effect
- Varying Viewpoints
- 5 W’s and How
- Ethos, Pathos, Logos Annotation and Analysis
✓Answer Suggestions for the Reading Activities
- Each chapter has several options for reading activities you can do with your students. You can do them all, assign different tasks to different groups, or pick and choose what you want.
- I’ve included answer suggestions, but many of the graphic organizers could have many different answers; therefore, I have done answer examples/suggestions.
26 pages of reading activities 56 pages total with answer keys and instructions.
This is a great companion for the novel Uprising by Margaret Peterson Haddix.