Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This reading intervention assessment determines exactly what reading skills struggling readers need help in. It is a great reading assessment to help guide where instruction and intervention should progress. It tests phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, comprehension, and vocabulary.
This corresponds with the free Reading Skills Step Ladder resource--it assesses EACH skill in the step ladder to tell you exactly where each student is!
Big 5 Areas --> Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Fluency, Comprehension, & Vocabulary
• A condensed quick screening version of the assessment (1 page for each of the Big 5 areas)
• A thorough comprehensive assessment that covers each of the Big 5 areas in depth
• A 1 page "at a glance" scoring sheet for an easy to read summary of student scores
• Whole Class Data Sheets for each assessment
• Reading Skills Step Ladder reference page to help plan interventions
• Reading Skills Step Ladder progress report to keep on file, send home, or use with Parent Teacher Conferences
***Download the preview for more information!***
• Print all assessment pages and place them in sheet protectors in a binder.
• Administer the quick screening assessment to whole class to identify students who may have gaps in certain skills.
• Administer comprehensive assessment to students who scored low in the quick screening, recording scores on the "At a Glance Scoring Sheet" for each student.
Levels of Reading Passages:
• The reading comprehension section has 2 passages, the first one is 330L (end of 1st grade/beginning of 2nd grade) and the second one is 660L (around 3rd-4th grade).
• There are 4 fluency passages: 190L (1st grade), 530L (2nd-3rd grade), 680L (4th grade), and 870L (5th grade).
***Once you've figured out WHERE to intervene, check out these ELA Intervention Binders to help figure out HOW to intervene!***
• New products in my store are 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted! Follow me by clicking HERE so you don't miss any new products or sales.
• Did you know with each purchase you make, you can earn points towards free products on TPT? For each product you provide feedback for, you earn 1 TPT credit for each dollar it was worth. After you make a purchase, hover over "My TPT" and click "My Purchases". Click "Provide Feedback" by the green little thumb. After you provide feedback, you can check your TPT Credit Balance by hovering over "My TPT" and clicking "TPT Credit Balance". Such an awesome way to save some money! Happy shopping!