I use this assessment for students from kindergarten to sixth grade to assess various reading skills. I don't use all the parts for the younger students, unless they're really exceptional! This allows teachers to assess their students for basic phonics and reading skills.
What’s included? There are:
● parts of a book;
● lowercase and capital letters;
● matching letters & words;
● short vowel sounds with real & nonsense words;
● general (primary) sounds for letter, digraphs, vowel pairs, r-control vowels, & blends;
● long vowels by final e;
● polysyllabic & compound words;
● chunking words;
● blending sounds (phonemic awareness);
● and identifying the number of sounds & letters in words.