This collection of Reading Buddy activities was created for multi-grade students to enjoy together throughout the year, along with tips and organizers to get your program rolling efficiently!
Parents - please note: It is highly recommended that you look through the previews prior to purchase to ensure it suits your needs! The price of this resource is significantly reduced while we are all out of school.
Included in this Product:
- a letter of invitation to become Reading Buddies from one teacher to another
- class availability / time preference for buddy meeting form
- a blank Reading Buddy pair-up list (PDF - non-editable)
- What Reading Buddies Do,a full-color, seven page storybook lesson that can be used as posters to reinforce positive expectations for Reading Buddy time
- Reading Buddies getting to know you coloring activity (includes six versions of partially completed Melonheadz 'Create-a-Kid' blacklines (3 big buddies, 3 little buddies; 2 girls, 2 boys, 2 generic)
- Compare/Contrast Co-create Booklet (for Little Buddy to keep for familiar reading) to provide information for Big Buddy to fill in on page about Little Buddy (for future reference, projects etc.)
- Reading Buddy notebook / scrapbook covers
- Conversation starter tips for big buddies speaking to little buddies
- two Venn diagram 'Getting-to-know' each other activities that compare the general and reading interests of the buddies (general interests, books buddies like)
- story follow-up activities for the Reading buddies to complete together (book review, 3 part organizer (beginning, middle, end), character, setting (so far...)
- Halloween activity and card as shown in this post!
- Thanksgiving story reading follow up activity and boy and girl versions of Thanksgiving card "I am thankful..."
- graphic organizer to share winter holiday traditions and boy and girl versions of "Happy Holidays, Reading Buddy!" card
- My favorite season compare / contrast
- Working together for Earth Day
- invitations and Reading Buddy mail label
- end of year card - Thank you and have a good summer (be sure to say hi to me when we're back at school!)
Read about The Benefits of a Reading Buddies Program here, and click here for Tips for starting a Reading Buddies Program in your classroom!
This product is also available in:
♦K-1 Classroom Literacy Favorites!
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!)
☆Followers’ Fave FREEBIES!☆
Thank you for visiting my store! Please direct any questions you may have on the Q and A page of my store (by clicking my name at the top right), or email me at ThatFunReadingTeacher@gmail.com.
Pop by for a visit on:
my blog - That Fun Reading Teacher.com
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Reading Buddies getting to know you activities | Reading Buddy activities | Reading Buddy lessons | Get to know Reading Buddy | starting Reading Buddies | print and go Reading Buddy cards | printable | Reading Buddy | big buddy little buddy | setting up Reading Buddies | reading buddies