This collection of Reading Buddy activities was created for multi-grade students to enjoy together throughout the year, along with tips and organizers to get your program rolling efficiently!
Included in this Product:
- a letter of invitation to become Reading Buddies from one teacher to another
- class availability / time preference for buddy meeting form
- a blank Reading Buddy pair-up list (PDF - non-editable)
- What Reading Buddies Do,a full-color, seven page storybook lesson that can be used as posters to reinforce positive expectations for Reading Buddy time
- Reading Buddies getting to know you coloring activity (includes six versions of partially completed Melonheadz 'Create-a-Kid' blacklines (3 big buddies, 3 little buddies; 2 girls, 2 boys, 2 generic)
- Compare/Contrast Co-create Booklet (for Little Buddy to keep for familiar reading) to provide information for Big Buddy to fill in on page about Little Buddy (for future reference, projects etc.)
- Reading Buddy notebook / scrapbook covers
- Conversation starter tips for big buddies speaking to little buddies
- two Venn diagram 'Getting-to-know' each other activities that compare the general and reading interests of the buddies (general interests, books buddies like)
- story follow-up activities for the Reading buddies to complete together (book review, 3 part organizer (beginning, middle, end), character, setting (so far...)
- Halloween activity and card as shown in this post!
- Thanksgiving story reading follow up activity and boy and girl versions of Thanksgiving card "I am thankful..."
- graphic organizer to share winter holiday traditions and boy and girl versions of "Happy Holidays, Reading Buddy!" card
- My favorite season compare / contrast
- Working together for Earth Day
- invitations and Reading Buddy mail label
- end of year card - Thank you and have a good summer (be sure to say hi to me when we're back at school!)
Read about The Benefits of a Reading Buddies Program here, and click here for Tips for starting a Reading Buddies Program in your classroom!
This product is also available in:
♦K-1 Classroom Literacy Favorites!
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!)
☆Followers’ Fave FREEBIES!☆
Thank you for visiting my store! Please direct any questions you may have on the Q and A page of my store (by clicking my name at the top right), or email me at ThatFunReadingTeacher@gmail.com.
Pop by for a visit on:
my blog - That Fun Reading Teacher.com
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Reading Buddies getting to know you activities | Reading Buddy activities | Reading Buddy lessons | Get to know Reading Buddy | starting Reading Buddies | print and go Reading Buddy cards | printable | Reading Buddy | big buddy little buddy | setting up Reading Buddies | reading buddies