Reading Challenge - Instagram Style
What educators are saying
★Get Ready because this Instagram Reading Challenge is going to transform your students into READERS! ★
You already know that the best way to get students to improve in all areas is through reading. We all want our students to read, read, and read some more. This Instagram Reading Challenge is going to motivate them and show them just how much they read! This is an amazing tracking system that students can reference all year long.
Here’s why this Reading Challenge #ROCKS:
What do students love more than anything? If you answered Social Media, you are correct! This Instagram Reading Challenge allows students to Post, Like, Comment, Hashtag, Follow, become Followers, Share, Update Profile Pics, Create Sponsored Ads, and comment using Emojis. If students reach their Reading Goal, they will even be invited to a #SelfieParty, complete with props! Have we just spoken your students’ language, or what?! They are going to #LOVE this Instagram Reading Challenge! (and so will you!)
★★Looking for a Digital Reading Challenge? We have just added a Digital Version! Perfect for Distance Learning!★★
- Cover for Lapbook
- Step-by-step tutorial for assembling lapbook
- Inside Instagram Grid: Blank profile pic page and 5 other options for profile pics
- Student Directions and Followers/ Following Templates
- Books-to-Read List
- Graffiti Wall for awesome quotes (back of file folder)
- A Guide to Giving "Likes"
- Simplified Version that only requires 1 file folder if you are running low on time
- 4 Instagram Themed Activities for students to complete with their books
- 3 Time-Saver Instagram Themed Activities for students to complete with their books
- Book Recommendation Slips
- Bulletin Board Lettering: #Instagram Reading Challenge
- Bulletin Board Visuals: Instagram Symbol and "Nerd" Emojis
- "Selfie-Party" Invitations for students who reach their reading goals
- "Selfie-Party" props: 12 fun reading sayings in quote bubbles for students to pose with
- Cover Slide for Presentation
- Step-by-Step Tutorials (written and video) teaching students how to insert their own photo for their Instagram Reading Challenge Profile Pic
- 6 other options for Profile Pics
- Grid for collecting books
- Additional slide if students fill in their grid
- Books-to-Read List
- Student Guide to Giving "Likes" choosing an "Instagram Handle" and "Followers" and "Following"
- 2 Digital Instagram themed activities for students to complete on the books they read
- Optional Grid where students can just type in the titles of the book they read instead of copy/pasting book covers
★★★★SEE THE 23 PAGE PREVIEW TO SEE EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS!★★★★
Looking for more Reading FUN?
BE SURE TO FOLLOW US BY CLICKING THE GREEN STAR ABOVE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN WE POST A NEW PRODUCT! ALL OF OUR NEW PRODUCTS ARE 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS!!!!
BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK TO RECEIVE TPT CREDIT TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
Don't miss out on updates, freebies, and tons of fun!
This pack is intended for ONE CLASSROOM TEACHER to use. If you would like to share with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license. Thank you for respecting our hard work!
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.