Supplement your chores and responsibilities topic unit with a reading comprehension activity that integrates farm chores with farm animals.
What is included:
• One cloze reading comprehension story in three parts (various format options) (present tense) (1st and 2nd year approximately novice-high proficiency level)
• One reading comprehension story and answer key
• Comprehension questions (14 questions) (one worksheet Spanish only, one with English questions).
• Bilingual word bank
• Answer key
• Lesson activity suggestions
• Variations for accelerated and advanced learners
• Reading comprehension scoring rubric
Thematic activities are a flexible tool so the teacher can designate the category or quantity of words that may be needed in daily lessons therefore, the worksheets are designed to allow the teacher flexibility with which grammar concepts to pre-teach before introducing the student to the activities. These activities can accompany a Foreign Language textbook program or teacher designed activities. Worksheets can be modified for teacher-guided, individual, group or whole class activities.
Essential skill practice:
- Pet and Farm Animal topic vocabulary
- Chore verbs
"La vida en la granja" reading comprehension is a stand-alone activity. If you need supplemental materials for either your animal topic unit or your chores and responsibilities curriculum, please see my other related resources below. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Enhance your current curriculum units and put valuable time back in your hands.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Animals Vocabulary Thematic Reference
Animal Topic Vocabulary and Worksheets Activity Bundle
Creative Writing Story Development Projects