My power packs are comprised of two complete teaching packs on related skills. They are paired to give you the most complete set of materials you will need to teach the skills with easy prep, ready to use, and engaging lessons.
Each of my ELA skills "How to Teach It" Lesson Packs includes a teacher's guide lesson plan, an easy-to-use PPT lecture explaining the concept, guided practice, an interactive activity, opportunity for collaborative and individual practice, and a form of assessment.
Save money with this POWER PACK.
1) Close Reading and Annotating Pack
- PPT for teaching (editable PPT and PDF)
- Student Notes for any text (editable Word)
- Classroom Poster (PDF and JPEG)
- Popular Songs for Guided Practice
- Suggested Answers and Annotations from my classroom
2) Summarizing SWBST Pack
- Teaching lecture in PowerPoint and PDF formats; 15 slides with examples and explanations in a teach and go format
- It comes with two graphic organizers in Word for student handouts for any text.
- Teacher's guide 4 page ebook included.
- There are 6 creative hands-on activities that can be used for reinforcement and reteaching in small or large group, including a no prep flip flap book, other interactive notebook inserts, Twitter templates, games, and more
- Sketch notes for guided note taking during the lecture
- It is not grade or subject specific. Differentiate for any level of student. It's all in your pack!
Classroom success stories from teachers who have tried this resource:
♥ “My 10th grade intensive reading students absolutely love this strategy. They got a kick out of the first three words, "someone, wanted, but...." and I went with it because, hey, it's a strategy they will remember. Thank you for making this available! It works for ANY kind of text.”
♥ “This was perfect practice for our keystone exams, plus it helped me in creating additional resources for my students who struggle with reading comprehension. Thank you for a great resource!!”
♥ “I've taught the SWBST strategy for a few years, but these new resources will add more engagement. I've usually focused on fiction, so the informational resources will be especially useful. Thanks”
See my other English standards teaching packs while you’re here, too, and teach the fundamental skills first for success!
Close Reading & Annotating
Citing Textual Evidence
Evaluate Credibility of Websites
Propaganda and Logical Fallacies
Setting Affects Plot
Conflict Affects Plot
Homophones, Frequently Confused Words
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches.
Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME
. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration:
Faulkner's Fast Five Blog
Julie Faulkner Photography on Instagram
Julie's Classroom Stories on Facebook
Teaching Tidbits Newsletter with Email-Only Freebies
Original Cover Photography © Julie Faulkner