Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- With this bundle of my complete teaching packs for the key reading anchor standards, you'll be set to provide your students with fundamental instruction that will ensure their success with demonstrating college and career level readiness of the anchor standards for reading. Using these skills-readi$59.99$76.50Save $16.51
My power packs are comprised of two complete teaching packs on related skills: reading comprehension, annotating, and summarizing. They are paired to give you the most complete set of materials you will need to teach the skills with easy prep, ready to use, and engaging lessons. In this power pack, you'll have everything you need to teach close reading, annotating, and summarizing from start to finish!
- PPT for teaching (editable PPT and ready-made e-lecture for Google Drives)
- Plenty of guided practice options and examples
- Guided student notes for use during the lecture in two formats (traditional fill-in-the-blank and sketch notes)
- Templates for students to use with any text after the lecture (PDF and ready-made e-worksheet for Google drive) and some fun bookmarks with the steps
- Classroom Posters (Download the preview for a free poster!)
- Popular Songs for Guided Practice and Links to "live" annotation examples on nonfiction texts
- Links to video tutorials for flipped classroom use, review, or reteaching
- Suggested Answers and Annotations from my classroom
- Short Answer follow-up quiz
- Teaching lecture (editable PPT and ready-made e-lecture for Google Drives)
- It comes with two graphic organizers in Word for student handouts for any text (one is made for use with any text after the lecture and is designed in traditional PDF and digital format for Google).
- Teacher's guide
- There are 6 creative hands-on activities that can be used for reinforcement and reteaching in small or large group, including a no prep flip flap book, other interactive notebook inserts, Twitter templates, games, and more
- Sketch notes for guided note taking during the lecture
- It is not grade or subject specific. Differentiate for any level of student. It's all in your pack!
Classroom success stories from teachers who have tried this resource:
♥ “My 10th grade intensive reading students absolutely love this strategy. They got a kick out of the first three words, "someone, wanted, but...." and I went with it because, hey, it's a strategy they will remember. Thank you for making this available! It works for ANY kind of text.”
♥ “This was perfect practice for our keystone exams, plus it helped me in creating additional resources for my students who struggle with reading comprehension. Thank you for a great resource!!”
♥ “I've taught the SWBST strategy for a few years, but these new resources will add more engagement. I've usually focused on fiction, so the informational resources will be especially useful. Thanks.”
♥ "Great resource! My students are more confident summarizing texts after using this lesson. Many of them stated summarizing is easier now."
♥ "I cannot brag or boast about this resource enough. Three of the things that my students struggle with are specifically targeted in this bundle. These are skills that they will need to get throughout life, and I am so happy to spiral these skills in the classroom. Next year, I will be opening the year with this, as opposed to introducing it near the end. Either way, I feel happy being able to send my students off to high school with these critical skills."
♥ "Students were very engaged with the SWBST lesson. They feel more confident with summarizing text now! Thanks!"
♥ "I am SO happy I made this purchase! Thank you so making everything so complete and thorough! This is definitely going to be great with my English 9 students! What an awesome bundle!"
Each of my ELA skills "How to Teach It" Lesson Packs includes a teacher's guide lesson plan, an easy-to-use PPT lecture explaining the concept, guided practice, an interactive activity, opportunity for collaborative and individual practice, and a form of assessment. See my other English standards teaching packs while you’re here, too, and teach the fundamental skills first for success!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration:
Original Cover Photography © Julie Faulkner
Product Updated 2-2019