Reading Comprehension Bookmarks With Questions and Thinking Stems
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you still looking for reading comprehension resources for your 3rd, 4th, and 5th-grade students? This bundle of reading comprehension resources has so many must-have resources for upper elementary reading teachers. You’ll get anchor charts, graphic organizers, stick note templates, question andPrice $48.50Original Price $69.22Save $20.72
Are you looking for another tool to help your students improve their reading comprehension? These 28 reading comprehension bookmarks are a great companion for independent reading, book clubs, or to send home with your students.
Each book mark focuses on a reading skill or strategy.
*This resource also includes a digital reading response journal created in Google Slides for students to respond to the thinking and question stems on the bookmarks.
On the front of each bookmark...
- Student see a visual that reminds them of the reading skill or strategy
- There is a short explanation of the reading skill or strategy
- There is an explanation of how that strategy or skill helps the reader
- There is a few examples of when students should use that strategy during their independent reading
On the back of each bookmark...
- Students get a set of thinking stems they can refer to when they are reading at home or during independent reading time
- Students get a set of question stems they can use during class discussions or parents can use them to discuss books at home with their students
Reading Strategies & Skills Covered:
- Author's Purpose
- Background Knowledge
- Backup and Reread
- Cause & Effect
- Close Reading
- Compare & Contrast
- Context Clues
- Determine Importance
- Drawing Conclusions
- Facts & Opinions
- Figurative Language
- Formulating Questions
- Main Idea & Details
- Making Connections
- Making Inferences
- Making Predictions
- Monitor Comprehension
- Nonfiction Text Features
- Plot Structure
- Point of View
- Stop and Jot
- Using Text Evidence
- Give to students as a resource to use during independent reading time.
- Use during independent reading conferences to remind students what skills and strategies they should focus on.
- Send home with students as a parent resource. The explanation on the front and the question stems on the back help parents know how to support their students reading at home.
- Use during parent teacher conferences as a tool to explain reading strategies and skills to parents.
- Use as a resource during reading strategy groups.
Check out some of my other Reading Products:
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.