Cool Comprehension Cards Set #2
(Great for Upper Elementary and Middle School Teachers!)
This packet contains a variety of Reader Response Questions that align with Common Core Standards (Reading Standards for Literature 1-10), which can be used after reading ANY BOOK or TEXT! All cards have the Common Core Standard Listed in the bottom right hand corner.
You may decide to pull out the cards to work on one skill, such as characterization.
Here are some additional ways you can use these cards: small groups, guided reading, Literature Circles, Reader’s Workshop, after read a louds, during whole class instruction, the Daily 5, partner work, and/or after independent reading time.
• Cards can be used with or without the teacher.
• Cards can all be put face down on the table and have the students select cards to answer either orally or in their journals/notebooks.
• Cards can be selected based on a concept, ie. Character, setting, plot, etc. Place just those cards face down and have the students self-select them and then answer them orally or in written form.
• Cards can be placed in the center of a group. Students can select cards for each other to answer either orally or in written form.
• Cards can be used to help guide literature circle discussions.
• Teacher can select their own card to share their think aloud after a guided reading lesson, read aloud, whole group work and/or small group work.
• Students can also complete one of the Student Response Sheets with their answer.
• Students can answer the questions in their Reader’s Response Journals or Notebooks.
• You can also copy the cards, have the students cut them out and glue them into their Reader’s Response Journal then answer them.
Cool Comprehension Cards: For best results, print out in color and/or on tag board. Then, laminate them for stability.
For the Student Direction Sheet: Laminate it and put it at the table/center to give students specific instructions on how to use the cards.
This Units Contains:
A total of 56 questions
A blank page with the border for your own questions
Two Table Direction Pages
Three Different Student Response Sheets
Looking for more reading and writing items? Check out my store!